Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enyap

Visibility below 10mi in FSX

I managed to post in the wrong forum but here's a link to the screenies demonstrating my query.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...=0#entry1534549I really dislike the effect of less than 10 miles visibility in FSX, I have been blaming ASA until I realised setting the visbility manually had the same effect. Is there a way round it other than setting the minimum visibility to 10 miles?John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,What are your Visibility options set to right now in ASA?Thanks,Jim

Hi,What are your Visibility options set to right now in ASA?Thanks,Jim
I normally have them set to Minimum Vis=0 and the other two settings to 20 miles as I nearly always use photoreal scenery. As for the other settings, fog, haze and smoothing, I've tried all combinations. Is what I see with below 10 miles visibility in FSX typical, or is something not right?John

Hi John,I guess I've kind of lost the direction of this thread!What is it that you are seeking? The same visibility "look" in FS04 and FSX at the same values?I can't say anything more without seeing some more comparison shots from your set up that are labeled with the visibility and your settings.Thanks,

Hi John,I guess I've kind of lost the direction of this thread!What is it that you are seeking? The same visibility "look" in FS04 and FSX at the same values?I can't say anything more without seeing some more comparison shots from your set up that are labeled with the visibility and your settings.Thanks,
Hi JimI was questioning whether the sort of result I was getting in the first screen shot in the thread http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...=0#entry1534549 was typical of FSX. I would prefer the result I was getting in FS9. The explanation given by JohnCi further down the thread explains the matter very well, it's obviously nothing to do with ASA, just that until I started using ASA I had never set the visibility below 10 miles. I haven't fully tested it yet but it may be a driver issue, I have been using 181.20 but I was getting some tearing even with vsync on, late yesterday I reverted to 177.92 which seemed to cure the tearing but also seemed to improve the low visibility look. Let's just forget this now, I have an answer I'm happy with and I'm really enjoing ASA, here's a screenshot to show just how much!John