Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benh320

FPS drop / stuttering with ASA

Hello after using ASA for a few weeks now, I was noticed that I was seeing a pretty substantial frame rate drops. I have FS locked to 40 fps and it usually sticks to this in all situations (using a high spec PC if left unlocked get 100-60fps in full weather scenarios) My frame rates kept dropping every 20 seconds or so, from a steady 40fps down to 20/17fps then back up every few seconds then a period of 40fps steady again. The displayed weather was never any more complex than with AS6 so I decided to try a flight with AS6 and it was perfect - a smooth 40fps the whole time, it did not drop below 40fps once even in complex weather formations. I then went back to ASA and saw the big FPS drops....Now I'm running ASA (and ran AS6) on another computer using Wideserver/client so I am struggling to understand why I would lose any performance on my FS machine...? This frame rate loss even happens even when weather is CAVOK so I'm confused. Also still having the screen flickers when weather is updating...could this be connected?FS computer (FS9.1):E8500 3.16ghz intel dual core4GB DDR2 8500 ram8800GTX cardLatest FSUIPC/WideserverWideserver comp:E6850 3.00ghz intel dual core2GB 6400 ram7800GTX cardLatest WideclientThanksBen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ben,See if the drops in FPS match up with the Thermal Generation in ASA. Watch the Main ASA screen to view this.Please let us know.Thanks,