Sign in to follow this  
Guest Don Stone

No Rivers or Seas

Guest Don Stone

Somehow I've managed to remove/hide the rivers and seas in FSX. I would like some advice please on how to go about recovering this situation. I have UT and FEX installed. Thankyou in advance. :(

Hi Don,Ultimate Terrain X is one of the add-ons that requires custom terrain.cfg entries to function properly. Installing any of the FSX service packs or Acceleration or using Flight Terrain X Australia with its mode switcher ON will remove those entries. However, simply running the UT-X configurator tools, in the respective \Flight One Software\ subfolders - e.g., \Flight One Software\UTUsaFsx\UtSetup.exe - will check for the presence of these entries and re-insert them if missing.Cheers, Holger

Guest Don Stone
Hi Don,Ultimate Terrain X is one of the add-ons that requires custom terrain.cfg entries to function properly. Installing any of the FSX service packs or Acceleration or using Flight Terrain X Australia with its mode switcher ON will remove those entries. However, simply running the UT-X configurator tools, in the respective \Flight One Software\ subfolders - e.g., \Flight One Software\UTUsaFsx\UtSetup.exe - will check for the presence of these entries and re-insert them if missing.Cheers, Holger
Thankyou Holger for your advice. I will endeavour to follow it and will report on the outcome. Many thanks, Don S

Ultimate Terrain X is one of the add-ons that requires custom terrain.cfg entries to function properly. Installing any of the FSX service packs or Acceleration or using Flight Terrain X Australia with its mode switcher ON will remove those entries. However, simply running the UT-X configurator tools, in the respective \Flight One Software\ subfolders - e.g., \Flight One Software\UTUsaFsx\UtSetup.exe - will check for the presence of these entries and re-insert them if missing.
Holger ...I am having troble with my FTX switch in the "Off/Red" position. For some reason, FSX has corruption issuess in FTX Off. There are several issues, such as ALL terrain disappearing, no views other than Virtual cockpit from the wrong eyepoint, etc. But with FTX "On/GReen" everything seems to work okay. What does the FTX switcher change in the terrain.cfg besides the removal of the water entries? Also, what else does it do? I can live with FSX always in the FTX "On" position, if I can still load addons safely. Thank you, Steve

Guest Don Stone
Thankyou Holger for your advice. I will endeavour to follow it and will report on the outcome. Many thanks, Don S
Many thanks Holger....i did exactly as you stated and now have all my rivers and the sea showing....terrific and many thanks, Don S