Sign in to follow this  
shermank

black screen in kneeboard

This began happening a few days ago. when Ibring up the kneeboard, the screen is solid black, no navagation, no reference, no missions, etc....I'm wondering if this is connected to a corrupt mission...but really do not know the cause. But, i sure could use a solution...any ideas short of a repair/reinstall..thanksSherm

This began happening a few days ago. when Ibring up the kneeboard, the screen is solid black, no navagation, no reference, no missions, etc....I'm wondering if this is connected to a corrupt mission...but really do not know the cause. But, i sure could use a solution...any ideas short of a repair/reinstall..thanksSherm
Are you using IE8 at all?RegardsRussell Jourdain

Are you using IE8 at all?RegardsRussell Jourdain
Hi Russell...yes, IE8 was the problem. It's off my computer and now everything in FSX is as it should be...thanks...Sherm

Guest SteveTurner
IE8 was the problem.
Hi, I just wondered if you are anybody else new a solution for this problem, or is it just taking of IE8 completely?

Hi, I just wondered if you are anybody else new a solution for this problem, or is it just taking of IE8 completely?
In my case it was the removal of IE8. I do not think this is the final RC of the software, so maybe the final version will have nipped this bug. of course there is always Chrome, Opera, Foxfire, etc for peeps who do not like IE7...Sherm