Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnN

Corsair Radios - Att: 3Green

Guest JohnN

Hi 3Green, I believe you have the right approach, namely modifying the required config files. Because this is off topic to your original post, I thought it best to start a new thread.First, let me say thanks for responding to my question in the other thread. In answer to the questions you asked there the answers are:1. Yes, it's the default Corsair. 2. Yes, I've edited config files many times before. I wasn't sure that would be the appoach here.The problem with this issue is that I'm not sure of all the portions of which [windows]to copy from which plane. Based upon your comment, I was able to get the Cessna 172 Radio stack to display by copying its Panel folder,[Window01] to the Panel folder of the Corsair (and rem'ing the original). However changing the frequencies did not reflect in the gauge capturing the VOR or ADF. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd appreciate your taking a look at the default configs of both planes and guide me to the other properties that I should copy over.I hope I'm not pressing your good nature beyond that which is reasonable to ask. If I am, please don't hesitate to say so.Regards, John

John, my default F4U does not have an ADF gauge in it. So adding radios will do nothing for you. See my panel below and see if yours is the same? Both shots are of the default F4U..The zip file above works fine however and adds everything you need.Thank Douglas for that tip...

Guest JohnN

Hi Guys,Well, it appears I'm off and running. Thanks Douglas for pointing me to that zip file. It provided access to all the nav aids one could ever need.And 3Green, thanks for hanging in on this problem. Interestingly, your shots of the cockpit are just like mine. That gauge in the middle underneath the gunsight is what I thought was a VOR and ADF combination radio gauge. With the modifications provided by the zip files as suggested by Douglas, it still doesn't function, but it's no problem because the changes provide three separate gauges: NAV-1, NAV-2, ADF, and more.Anyway Guys, I'm really greatful for your help.Regards, John