Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackcnd

i7 + gtx280 and FS9 = SMOOTH!

Wow, its been a while since I ran FS9, but tried my old install on the i7 today,sure this is old news but...Could not believe the performance, you can max every setting,set AF to 16x, AA to Combined 16xS, and put VSync on, and lock at 60fps full refresh rate everywhere.But its the smoothness that is just amazing after running FSX for months.FS9 on the new system is perfectly smooth in every city and area I try it with.Flying high, or low, it just works.FS9 textures fall short of FSX but the smooth 60fps vsynced performance is remarkable.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there I am wondering is this only with default scenery and aircraft??

Hey man glad for your news.Can you test for FSX all high settings(scenery high!) I'm currently saving up for my i7 build.At what speed is your cpu at? I'm going to push my 920 to 4ghz on air when I have money.I love FSX over FS9, but I have to get F29 just for 737NG, because I love 737's a lot. I even have a friend who flies a 737:)

I'm not trying to sound like a ###### or anything but I wouldn't spend all that money on a computer like yours just to fly FS9 because cheaper computers can get the same performance you're getting out of FS9. The big question is how the performance in FSX is.