Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ddrueding

Folder/File structure of the service.cache?

I've read through the manual, and I couldn't find any documentation on the structure of files and folders. If I have missed this information, I do apologize. If I were trying to locate cached images of a specific point on earth (say, 36.66, -121.89) how could I determine where they are?Thanks,~David

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So far David, the only thing I have been able to do is a search on the folder (search for *) and it will show you all the sub folders that have something in them.IAN

Thanks Ian, the problem is that all my folders have something in them; 6 million+ files total.

Each jpg file has an x and y coordinate specific to the zoom level.Coordinates go from 0 to (2^level)-1 I think. coordinates represent 180 West to 180 East Longitude and 90 North to 90 South Latitude (not sure about the North/South Orientation anymore). You do the maths. Projection is equirectangular (Mercator).Each file sits in a folder numbered (x+y+level)%1000 to take some load off the file system (less files per folder means *quicker* access to files)Christian