Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Tileproxy - delete existing files?

Hi all,Been using Tileproxy almost every flight now. I notice that while it seems to collect lots and lots of images, load time are unaffected, meaning, long...Should I be deleting the Tileproxy images regularly? As I mentioned, it doesn't seem to load any more quickly when flying in the same area as before...Thanks,Andrew

Guest ddrueding

Deleting tileproxy images won't make load times any faster. Keep in mind that once you have a fast internet connection, the bottleneck will be the CPU. TP needs to do quite a bit of processing to convert what you get from the internet into something FS can use. Depending on your TP and FS settings, and your CPU, it may be slow every time. What are your specs?

Guest cbuchner1
Deleting tileproxy images won't make load times any faster. Keep in mind that once you have a fast internet connection, the bottleneck will be the CPU. TP needs to do quite a bit of processing to convert what you get from the internet into something FS can use. Depending on your TP and FS settings, and your CPU, it may be slow every time. What are your specs?
For me load times seldom exceed 3 minutes when a location is already cached on disk - even faster if Tileproxy has already preloaded the LOD circles fully.Remember to fly in Summer setting, or Tileproxy will have preloaded tiles for an incorrect season.Load times will depend heavily on your level of detail (terrain) radius in the sim.Christian

Guest ddrueding
Remember to fly in Summer setting, or Tileproxy will have preloaded tiles for an incorrect season.
Interesting...I hadn't thought of that. So it needs different BGLs for each season? Will it generate them from the same images, just redo them 4 times?
Load times will depend heavily on your level of detail (terrain) radius in the sim.
No kidding. I tried adjusting it to 6.5 and the load time went crazy.

Guest cbuchner1
Interesting...I hadn't thought of that. So it needs different BGLs for each season? Will it generate them from the same images, just redo them 4 times?No kidding. I tried adjusting it to 6.5 and the load time went crazy.
the BMP file names in the Photoreal World folders will be different. Tileproxy will redo them from the cache folders, which takes additional processing time.

Hi all, sorry for the delayed response.My system is a Dell Vostro 200 Core Duo E4500 @ 2.2ghz, 3 gigs ram, Nvidia GeForce 8500GT.Anyway, I think Christian answered my question... if an area has already been processed, it seems based on his answer I should not delete existing files.Now, to remember to fly in summer...Tileproxy is really great! Thanks for your help.Andrew