Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest paulie

No aircraft preview video or flight video

Hi,I'm a relative newbee on FSX. I just put together a pretty fast system to give me a good responsive FSX experience. i7-920 cpu Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 mobo 6GB DDR2 PC12800 Ram BGF 9800 GTX graphics card Viewsonic 20 inch LCD mon running 1680 x 1050 pixels Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Corsair 1000W PSUI loaded in the latest Vavidia 64-bit drivers. FSX SP1 and Accellerator and all of Microsoft's updates that I am aware of. I also verified that I was running DX10 using DxDiagThat said, the system works great for normal usage but in FSX everything looks normal when starting up but NO aircraft previews, just a dark black area. If you select free flight, you get a blank dark screen even though you can hear the audio of the aircraft and even when selecting flight review, it shows the faircraft has moved some.I did notice that when loading, a window states that it is reverting back to Vista Basic display for this program, which I thought was odd as I thought FSX would take advantage of Vista's imroved graphics.Can anyone shed light what might be the cause or have experienced something similar.I am at a loss, and don't know what else to try. I have searched for a hint in this foreum to no avail.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Something did not install correctly. FSX does not use Areo, but I believe only the RTM gave you that warning. I do not have Acceleration, but it comes with SPs 1 and 2. Make sure you follow all instructions. Install RTM, run a flight , then Acceleration.Bob