Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSVisions

Possible solution for the OOM errors: Help needed!

For over a week, I am working on a possible solution for the OOM errors (and several .dll errors aswell). I might have found the solution, but to be sure it is working, I need some additional tests to be done.First I would like to describe the solution:During my search for the best way to prevent the errors, I came by the VOZ forums. There a Dutch guy (nickname Uhu_Fledermouse) posted a while ago a link to Flight Sim Manager in the AVSIM library. I downloaded the file here and an additional date fix here. For the work arround concerning the installation I am quoting Uhu_Fledermouse on the VOZ forum:When you install FSM you do need to set the date back to before Nov 2006, then when you have installed it, DO NOT run it, you will get an error notice,return the date to the present one and insert the patch in the FSM main folder,DELETE the original shortcut of FSM on your desktop and create a new one that points to the patch.if you hit that then FSM should run like it use to do in the past and now for the future as wellAfter the installation being finished, I started FSM and I only did the Diagnostic Tools (the guy in the white coat).Click on the scenery tab and again click on the "Scan for Errors" button.After the scan has completed, and some errors have been found, click on the "Fix Errors Found" A backup of the current scenery config will be made before changes being made, so you can always return to the original situation.That's all!When some of you could post here your results, it might become clear if this is the final solution or not.I have reduced my CTD's with about 95%!!So the help I am requesting is this: Try this solution and tell here in the forum if FM helped to prevent FS to crash. Thanks for your coop!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!