Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Download issues related to my PC.

I have read and attempted to apply the various tips and FAQ's in this forum that relate to downloading problems.This all started when I had IE issues earlier this month, where IE6 would lock up randomly. I went to the MS site where there is a service bulletin that describes how to address this issue. Basically it increases security, etc. I also installed XoftSpy SE and AdAware which both- when run- found some nasties on my PC.I finally found that the secret appears to be when I disable all items under "Manage Addons", and I have yet to go back and see which specific one is the culprit, so they are all (6) disabled now. This fixed (or seemed to) my IE problemsI then found that I can get to the "Download" button on AVSIM, but when clicking it I get the message that the site is not available. I have tried my wife's PC and all works well on her PC for downloading from the library, so it is on this PC.I then opened Internet Options and made all the AVSIm sites listed in the FAQ as

Guest Gary Buska

Your router is not the problem as I use one and have no problems but a firewall can be a problem you need to make sure that AVSIM is set as a trusted site there as well. I can not remember if AVG has a firewall or not but if it does check that out as well. If after doing this you still have problems try FIREFOX most of us here at avsim use it and have no problems what so ever.Regards,Gary BuskaLibrary ManagerForums ModeratorAVSIM Online!www.avsim.com

Thanks- I just downloaded and tried FireFox2 and it works great- I still have to figure out how to manage downloads though :)Thanks Gary, I appreciate the help. Another convert to FireFox :)Bruce.