Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Editing AFCAD parking in text file

I'd like to be able to edit airport parking in a text file and I can copy and airport's parking file to the clipboard. But do I import it back to AFX when I'm done editing in notepad. I seem to remember in the older AFCAD program there used to be an 'import' feature, but AFX doesn't seem to do that.Sometimes it's easier and faster to edit in an outside text file but not sure how to get it back. Thanks for any feedback.

I know in FS9 you can use Winfried Orthmann's BglAnalyze for FS9 to decompile an afcad to XML. You can then edit the XML as text with Notepad. You then need to use bglcomp.exe from the BGL Comp SDK to compile the XML back to .bgl after editing.Jim

I know in FS9 you can use Winfried Orthmann's BglAnalyze for FS9 to decompile an afcad to XML. You can then edit the XML as text with Notepad. You then need to use bglcomp.exe from the BGL Comp SDK to compile the XML back to .bgl after editing.Jim
Thanks for the info. I knew there was a process other than just notepad. Talking about AI parking, is there really a 'system' to how AI are assigned to their parking spots by ATC? Someone said that it starts from the BOTTOM of the parking list, so if you have gates 101 up to gates 700, ATC starts with 700 and works backward? I thought it was more like it assigns the plane to the closest spot with the radius closest to the radius of the aircraft. I want to take out the concourse letters and just number the spots numerically like it done at KJFK and EGLL. Does the way I number them make a difference in AI behavior?Thanks