Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waynelp

uninstall and reinstall

I am reposting this as I really need some help from someone in the audience who understands the file system on the PMDG MD-11 and windows ops. I have contacted PMDG and the answer was; "It sounds like something wiped the uninstall data from your Windows Registry as the installer most certainly placed it there"No kidding! I can't use, unload, reeninstall the aircraft. I am hoping that someone would know which file I need to find to delete which then will allow me to delete and then reeinstall.Thanks.Earlier post;"Greetings, I can't uninstall the MD-11 at all. Several files I know were corrupted on the computer. Now trying to uninstall using the windows remove programs will not work. I can find no uninstall file on the computer for the MD-11 if any came with it. It will not reinstall over as it says I need to uninstall. I have tried deleteing all the files I can find but that doesn't work either so I put them back. Is there some files I need to remove so I can start over. This all started as the 2d cockpit wouldn't show all the windows correctly so I was just going to reenstall the A/C.Using FS9. Windows vista 64bit

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You know I feel for you I really doHave you had a look at the stickies at the top of the page ?There might be some thing there which could help you on your way Something like Pinned: You MUST SIGN YOUR FULL NAME to use this forum. Could be a start I suppose :( Who knows Maybe , just maybe someone will bother to read your woes Goodbye Mark

I am reposting this as I really need some help from someone in the audience who understands the file system on the PMDG MD-11 and windows ops. I have contacted PMDG and the answer was; "It sounds like something wiped the uninstall data from your Windows Registry as the installer most certainly placed it there"No kidding! I can't use, unload, reeninstall the aircraft. I am hoping that someone would know which file I need to find to delete which then will allow me to delete and then reeinstall.Thanks.Earlier post;"Greetings, I can't uninstall the MD-11 at all. Several files I know were corrupted on the computer. Now trying to uninstall using the windows remove programs will not work. I can find no uninstall file on the computer for the MD-11 if any came with it. It will not reinstall over as it says I need to uninstall. I have tried deleteing all the files I can find but that doesn't work either so I put them back. Is there some files I need to remove so I can start over. This all started as the 2d cockpit wouldn't show all the windows correctly so I was just going to reenstall the A/C.Using FS9. Windows vista 64bit
Signed Wayne L Pierce

You know I feel for you I really doHave you had a look at the stickies at the top of the page ?There might be some thing there which could help you on your way Something like Pinned: You MUST SIGN YOUR FULL NAME to use this forum. Could be a start I suppose :( Who knows Maybe , just maybe someone will bother to read your woes Goodbye Mark
OK here I go. I figured it out and if someelse has sort of the same problem then woe to you. (see quote above)Windows Vista had put the uninstall setup.exe in a HIDDEN file under the user/appdata/roaming/etc../etc..I had to unlock the hidden files and then find the uninstall information directory. In there is a list of separate files with a whole bunch of numbers and letters for the file name. I had to look at each one and find anything with the words MD-11 in it. Delete that particular file and then go to the uninstall programs from the control panel and then delete the entry there also. It seems the setup.exe for deletion had become corruputed, and that took care of it.I am a decent computer user and can find my way around in the inners if I had direction. Sure it was a "meaningful learning xperience" but it was frustrating. I found this out on my own by sheer luck, even something the techno-computer-guys didn't know or would not impart to me.ThanksSIGNED; WAYNE L. PIERCE