Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

747-400X "Version Releases"

The latest release for the 747-400X is VERSION 2.10.0040 (per the PMDG website). I am interested in some of the fixes in VERSION 2.10.0000 so the question is are fixes cumulative ? Also does a "version release" install just updates or does it reinstall the entire product ?Thanks,Zach

zachlog

The update installers inlcude the whole package, but you need to have either an installed version or current validation. The readme with the package includes the updates.

Dan Downs KCRP

The update installers inlcude the whole package, but you need to have either an installed version or current validation. The readme with the package includes the updates.
Dan,Thanks....the readme file does not say much about an installation procedure or backing-up any directories of the existing version prior to installing this new release, e.g., will the PMDG flight plans get replaced with the default FPs that come with the package ? Zach

zachlog

Existing files such as flightplans and keycommand.ini will not be replaced by the installer of the upgrade. You can also use custom install to unselect the installation of navdata/sidstar files if you wish.

Dan Downs KCRP

Existing files such as flightplans and keycommand.ini will not be replaced by the installer of the upgrade. You can also use custom install to unselect the installation of navdata/sidstar files if you wish.
Dan, thanks.I installed VERSION 2.10.0040 and all seems to be running fine. However, I was never prompted to select any installation options including an option to "unselect the installation of navdata/sidstar files ". I checked these two directories after the installation and the files have not changed (same no. of files and time stamps), which is what I wanted.Zach

zachlog