Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nwa

Advice for installing downloaded programs

Bought a new computer and trying to figure out how to install downloaded payware airports, aircraft, etc. The file transfer program I am using won't transfer the exe. programs to the new computer. What is the easiest way to do this? Could I burn the exe. to a CD and then install in the new computer or is there something even better? Thanks for any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bought a new computer and trying to figure out how to install downloaded payware airports, aircraft, etc. The file transfer program I am using won't transfer the exe. programs to the new computer. What is the easiest way to do this? Could I burn the exe. to a CD and then install in the new computer or is there something even better? Thanks for any help.
Can you rename any exe extension to something like zip - just for the transfer - and then correct the extension once they have been transfered?

Can you rename any exe extension to something like zip - just for the transfer - and then correct the extension once they have been transfered?
This program won't list anything unless it's a file or folder, no zips. I went to Flight 1 and downloaded the 9 payware products from them and reinstalled them with my key file. I guess that's the way it has to be done. I'm not sure about Fly Tampa because they have a different format.