Sign in to follow this  
quentin

max performance in old fs9 sim?

Hi,What about fps & performance in good old FS9 with multiple simultaneous addons? I'm planning a 600eur move from athlon 3500+, 6800gt, 1gb ram, to an e8500, 9800gt, 2gb ram. Although heavy tweaking (but without O/C), could I expect going from 8.5 fps (all sliders up, ultimate traffic 100%, leveld767, aerosoft madrid) to at least 25-30 fps? or more? Approaching in slide shows is not funny, and how to make sure I won't barely reach 15 fps in the heaviest environments?And as from what I read, I'm waiting until 2015 before I will run FSX all inclusive.Quentin

HelloIF approaching in slide shows is not funny, why not just lower the sliders a bit.Thats why they are there, to help folks with slower machines.That said, even with the AMD chip you should be able to average around 18-20 fpsSomething else is wrong here.

I dunno...You should definitely see a huge increase in performance though. I have an E8400, 9600GT and 2GB and have no issues whatsoever, although admittedly, I do not fly complex airliners. But everything else I do have, 100% traffic, various addons, etc...

Mike...