Sign in to follow this  
GustavoAguiar

737 after MD-11

Hi guys!Can I install the 737NG after MD-11 without problems or I have to do it: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...rted_workaround.29And if I want install the 747 after MD-11 (without install the 737)? Is the same procedure of 737 after 747 or not?

The MD11 can be installed at any time. Only the 737 and 747 have the interdependency. If you install the 747 on top of the MD11 that is okay (I've done both on top of the MD11); however, if you then want to install the 737 it has to be before 747 so the 747 is uninstalled, 737 installed then 747 installed. None of this should affect the MD-11... I've done a lot of all permutations and I think I had a glitch once in 747 that was fixed with a clean reinstall but that hasn't repeated and I don't know if that had anything to do with installation order.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Jim67

I have the 737's installed and then I bought the MD-11 for FS9 and installed it with no troubles. But then I bought the 747, and my MD-11 displays went blank. I did a clean reinstall of the MD-11 and the problem went away. Now everything is fine. Maybe it was my computer acting up. Anyway it was easily fixed and all runs great now.Jim

The actual answer to this depends on when you bought the 737, 737s purchased since May of 2008 use the same installer system as the 747 and MD-11 and do not have this issue. If you use an older original installer though, it'll overwrite PMDGOptions.dll with an old version. All you have to do is back that file up before you install the 737 and then copy it back over. (do the same with FSUIPC.dll too actually)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com