Sign in to follow this  

Ch Virtual Pilot Pro/Pro Pedals compatibility

I just got a new computer and am waiting for it to arrive. I just read however on the chproducts homepage that my Virtual Pilot Pro and Pro Pedals will not work with Windows XP. IS THIS TRUE????Thanks!,Kevin Emilsson

Howdy Kevin,I have the CH FlightSim Yoke USB and the CH Pro Pedals, they both work exceptionally well with Windows XP Home that I have upgraded to, about a month ago now. I have other issues with XP and some hardware, (scanner and printer), but no issues at all with FS2k2 or any other flight sim for that matter. In fact XP home works a bit better than WinMe did for flight simulation.

Thanks, the problem I anticipate however is that my Virtual Pilot Pro/Rudder Pedals are not USB they are for the Gameport!Thanks,Kevin

They should work just fine. You will need a game port of course. Poke around the CH page until you find the latest analog drivers, it's a file called CHANLG08.EXE, a self-extracting Zip. There are drivers in there for the VP Pro that will decode the hat and buttons correctly. You should be able to plug them into the pedals the same way you always have, the drivers should pick them up automatically.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Guest drobson

As Bob has suggested, get the proper drivers from CH, and you should have no problem with the gameport version. I'm using a USB yoke, with gameport pedals connected to an old CH F-16 Flightstick. Even have proportional toe brakes working. It makes a good setup.Darrell

Thank you both so much!Kevin Emilsson