Guest johnz63

I get less cloud popping by not enabling DWC. I also notice that if you leave an aircraft stationary outside 10 miles from the nearest weather station for an extended period of time, say overnight, the weather is not depicted properly. For example ASA may report scattered clouds in the area while FSX depicts clear skies. With DWC enabled this issue doesn't seem to be a problem.

Guest ashwath

yes cloud popping is severe with DWC on and is comparatively less with it off, however, it is still annoying. the other worse thing is visibility graduation. there is absolutely no difference whether u turn visibility smoothing on or off. whenever u fly from an area with clear visibility to an area where the visibility is only a few miles or vice versa there is a sudden change. one more issue is the erratic temperature changes. in ASA (355) and FSX, i get temperatures of +28 degrees celsius at 25000 ft. i dont think u would be seeing those numbers even if u were flying in the equatorial region at 25000 ft. once u reach 30000 ft then everything seems normal, but again u experience violent wind shifts at 30000 ft and above. so u keep having some problem or the other. i am curious about one thing. most of the time hifi keeps blaming these anomalies on the fsx engine. when ASX can work properly, y not ASA???Regards

yes cloud popping is severe with DWC on and is comparatively less with it off, however, it is still annoying. the other worse thing is visibility graduation. there is absolutely no difference whether u turn visibility smoothing on or off. whenever u fly from an area with clear visibility to an area where the visibility is only a few miles or vice versa there is a sudden change. one more issue is the erratic temperature changes. in ASA (355) and FSX, i get temperatures of +28 degrees celsius at 25000 ft. i dont think u would be seeing those numbers even if u were flying in the equatorial region at 25000 ft. once u reach 30000 ft then everything seems normal, but again u experience violent wind shifts at 30000 ft and above. so u keep having some problem or the other. i am curious about one thing. most of the time hifi keeps blaming these anomalies on the fsx engine. when ASX can work properly, y not ASA???Regards
I know Damian knows a lot more than I do about the enter working of the weather engine, but I have the same issue. When running ASX I don't get the same issues I get with ASA. I don't have the visibility issues with ASX, also the cloud popping is not the same in ASX as they are in ASA. I hope the HiFi team is concentrating on these very serious issues.Bob

Why are you guys still bit*ing "I hope they are working on the fix"? I am pretty sure that HiFi are working hard on it.

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Guest Hingham2008
Why are you guys still bit*ing "I hope they are working on the fix"? I am pretty sure that HiFi are working hard on it.
And why should we bit*h about it. This isn't freeware....! It's a relatively expensive software add-on. I am amazed that anyone would question why paying customers would be angered with software that does not work as advertised.Dave