Sign in to follow this  
TSC644

PMDG MD11 FS9 discrepency with original MSFS9

Hi Gentlemen, Bought this PMDG product today by download.I have an official MSFS9 product french version baught years ago.FS9.1 installed.When trying to activate PMDG MD11, second page displays :FS9 version 9.1.0.40.901 required. You only have FS9 version 9.0.030612. Pls. install FS9.1Well, I said, could it be? Removed FS9 and re-installed it plus download again of FS9.1 from MS expecting that it would be fine.Here comes : FS9.1 already installed, installation abort and MD11 remains in unusable status. I'd like to use the product.I read on this forum that PMDG does'nt provide support on cracked MS products, just fine but this is not my case and I would appreciate support on this issue.Many thanks in advance for your Kind cooperationTSC644 icon7.gificon14.gif

Just a thought, It looks like a missing FSUIPC module :( Are you sure you have one in the modules folder?If so you can find it here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
Got the roots of the trouble.Was due to the fact that the desinstallation of FS9.1 left some traces in the Windows registry.I went through a full registry cleanup and PMDG MD11 satisfactorily and successfully out of the hagar and ready to go.I surely have to reinstall the FSUIPC also after FS9.0 been reinstalled.Thanks for the advise anyway, very much appreciate.Enjoy your flights,TSC644 icon1.gif

Got the roots of the trouble.Was due to the fact that the desinstallation of FS9.1 left some traces in the Windows registry.I went through a full registry cleanup and PMDG MD11 satisfactorily and successfully out of the hagar and ready to go.I surely have to reinstall the FSUIPC also after FS9.0 been reinstalled.Thanks for the advise anyway, very much appreciate.Enjoy your flights,TSC644 icon1.gif
In addition to my previous post, today I decided to remove FS9 PMDG MD11 from my PC to clean up some of my messy handling, flown the last 2 days for the first time.At re-installation from PMDG site (still on for me), I couldn't beleive that once again FS9.1 was'nt there anymore (program files/FS9, etc.)BIG washing again, FS9 removed, FULL registry clean up, all lot.....bit time consuming and somehow frustratingRe-installation of FS9 + FS9.1 and set up of MD11 goes fine.Hey guys, seems very much that the bug observed by the undersigned (other reports seen in some french SIM forums) is getting through during download of THIS product.Hopefully, PMDG gets this sorted out for further potential Customers.Enjoy,TSC644