Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

747-400X FMC Question

Rwy KDEN 16L has the following MAP in the FMC:(5900) 220* TRK(INTC)xxx xxx is some heading, don't remember what and * is the degrees symbol. The MAP documentation states to fly heading 220 and intercept BJC radial 147 and hold at BJC. When I upselect BJC using the select key immediately after the above, xxx changes to 147, which matches the documented MAP. Here are my questions:1. In the above MAP, what is the meaning of the first two lines, especially the (5900) ?2. If I wanted to enter the above MAP into the FMC myself, how would I do it ? Attempted to upselect "5900" and "INTC" but they are both invalid.Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Quoted from the chart: Climb to 5900, then climbing right turn to 12000 via 220 heading and BJC R-147 to SIGNE and hold.Note the hold is not at BJC but SIGNE which is BJC r147 D26.7I am looking at ILS 16L Amdt 2A... the current chart.

Dan Downs KCRP

Quoted from the chart: Climb to 5900, then climbing right turn to 12000 via 220 heading and BJC R-147 to SIGNE and hold.Note the hold is not at BJC but SIGNE which is BJC r147 D26.7I am looking at ILS 16L Amdt 2A... the current chart.
Dan, thanks. Understood about SIGNE (was working a little from memory) but will the FMC handle the "Climb to 5900" or is this there for documentation purposes only to be handled manually by the pilot ? The same question applies to the (INTC). Also how are these two entries added to the FMC (my original question #2) ?Zach

zachlog

The FMS will climb on course until 5900 as programed in the procedure file (the sidstar file). I've become pretty good at programming but I think the missed approach is either done by following the procedure inserted by the approach in the file or done manually. I think a route terminates at the runway and a missed approach is simply an extension of the approach (but after the runway of course). Good question. Something to play with.

Dan Downs KCRP