Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

PFE Disappointments

What should be a rockin app from Aerosoft has lately deflated into frustration and almost downright removal. Has anyone else experienced significant flakiness with ProFlight Emulator in the way it handles flight vectoring since the 2.10 update? I've noticed that occasionally the ATC from PFE will go silent (even when on the right frequency) and I don't get vectored in a timely manner. The other day I was doing a KSTL to KDAL flight when PFE caused FS to CTD. It's getting to the point where I'll have to go back to the built-in ATC with FS because PFE can no longer do the things it used to.

Guest lgvpilot1
What should be a rockin app from Aerosoft has lately deflated into frustration and almost downright removal. Has anyone else experienced significant flakiness with ProFlight Emulator in the way it handles flight vectoring since the 2.10 update? I've noticed that occasionally the ATC from PFE will go silent (even when on the right frequency) and I don't get vectored in a timely manner. The other day I was doing a KSTL to KDAL flight when PFE caused FS to CTD. It's getting to the point where I'll have to go back to the built-in ATC with FS because PFE can no longer do the things it used to.
Go and see Dave http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=286Mark

Ahh... AVSIM has so many forums it's hard to keep track of what's available here. Thanks for the referral. A fix suggested to another user for a similar problem corrected the behavior.

I'm a very satisfied user of PFE; the thing to always keep in mind is that PFE is a perpetual work-in-progress, which is why Dave March and several other devs and testers check the support forum constantly. Sometimes there is a real problem, and they take note for future updates; other times the problem can be solved simply by reading the docs. No matter what, there is a learning curve to the program, but it's well worth the effort and time.That's my two cents (not that anyone asked)... :(