Sign in to follow this  
Guest wgred

AI callsigns

Guest wgred

On flights in the U.S., I hear the RC controller calling AI aircraft, for example, November 317 Charlie Juliet, instead of Cessna 317 Charlie Juliet or Cessna 7 Charlie Juliet, as would be more realistic. Is there something I need to do in RC, or some file I need to adjust in FS2004 to omit the November from the call signs? Airline calls seem to be fine, just the GA flights that seem to be affected.Thanks for any help!

On flights in the U.S., I hear the RC controller calling AI aircraft, for example, November 317 Charlie Juliet, instead of Cessna 317 Charlie Juliet or Cessna 7 Charlie Juliet, as would be more realistic. Is there something I need to do in RC, or some file I need to adjust in FS2004 to omit the November from the call signs? Airline calls seem to be fine, just the GA flights that seem to be affected.Thanks for any help!
not sure. create a .log, instructions pinned at the top of the forum, and send it to me. let me look at their call sign infojd

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

After the intitial contact call of "Cessna 317 Charlie Juliet, subsequent contact would normally be "Cessna Seven Charlie Juliet". In my years of flying in the Midwest, I don't think I've ever heard a controller use "November" before a tail number for any aircraft.Light GA flights near the Florida coast or Canadian and Mexican borders may be different as to how they are addressed on initial contact.

How RC calls AI are sourced (in several steps) via the various FS files, like aircraft.cfg and the traffic bgls. In relation to your question, coded within these traffic bgls for example is whether an AI should be called by their registration or their flight number. You can infact decompile the traffic bgl and then change the data contained - RC will then read the altered data and RC will behave differently.However, in ths case, it is going to be very very difficult to do what you want. Basically you need to decompile the traffic bgl(s), and then somehow remove all the 'N' from the front of all USA registered GA flights. There will easily be thousands of lines so you need a automated way to do that. Maybe Excel. You will need to make rules so as to *only* remove the N from the lines you want - *any small error will have dire consequences*.Therefore what you're asking for is barely doable, but not recommended, is going to be extremely difficult, time consuming, and there is really no need to risk your AI for such a change.So the short answer is 'No' you can't do what you want. But the long answer above is to explain why its not even worth trying.Subs