Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

Monitor changes resolution

I've had this problem for quite a while now so I'm turning to the experts here at AVSIM as I am now becoming frustrated.My monitor automatically changes resolution without any input from me. I have it set for 1680x1050 and it changes to 1440x900 which causes FS9 to shutdown. The monitor is the 22" LG L226WTQ and the video card is G-force 8600 OC and I have 2g's of memory.Sometimes the change occurs a couple of times in a day or not for a few days or week or more. In other words, it is not consistant in time nor with any particular program. Can happen at any time and any program.Ideas anyone???Thanks for any suggestions. I will check on the driver and for any updates.Jim D.

I've had this problem for quite a while now so I'm turning to the experts here at AVSIM as I am now becoming frustrated.My monitor automatically changes resolution without any input from me. I have it set for 1680x1050 and it changes to 1440x900 which causes FS9 to shutdown. The monitor is the 22" LG L226WTQ and the video card is G-force 8600 OC and I have 2g's of memory.Sometimes the change occurs a couple of times in a day or not for a few days or week or more. In other words, it is not consistant in time nor with any particular program. Can happen at any time and any program.Ideas anyone???Thanks for any suggestions. I will check on the driver and for any updates.Jim D.
Well I tried a newer version of the driver and had serious effects. Computer would not boot. Rolled back to the previous driver. Right now I haven't experienced any resolution changes. Still hoping that someone has a viable suggestion.Thanks,Jim D.