Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

TCAS Display

Hi, Two questions for you guys.1. If I have any data selected on the NAV display eg: DATA, TRAFFIC, AIRPORTS when I select the TCAS mode the aircraft rightly clears any other data to give me a clear display of the conflicting traffic. However when I return to MAP or PLAN etc I have to re select the information again. I thought this was a little strange but maybe thats how the MD11 engineers decided thats how it should be. I've just watched the Just planes Swiss Air video and all data returns without the pilots having to reslect, can anyone confirm we have a bug here.2. Flying on VATSIM tonight into EGSS London control asked me to be Level at FL200 15 miles before IDESI. How can I programe the FMC to be level 15 miles before the waypoint in Profile instead of AT IDESI? (I had to use V/S) Like my time spent on the 744 I am studying the documentation in great depth and will review the FMC section again but would like a little help here :)CheersRob

Rob Prest

1. That may well be an airline option.2. You can create an along track waypoint by entering "/-15" in the scratchpad then pressing the LSK corresponding to IDESI. I can never remember if it's plus or minus though.

Guest j-mo

I can never remember if it's plus or minus though. It's minus.

Thanks for the FMC tip guy's. Still don't understand why question 1 would be a company option, it seems more like an inconvenience.Rob Prest

Rob Prest