Sign in to follow this  
Alba

PMDG Type Lesson 1

Hi Folks.After a few teething problems, of my own making, I hasten to add. I am now ready to advance my knowledge of the 747. I have installed the type rating lessons from the PMDG site. However, again I am stuck. When programming the lesson 1 route into the FMC I get a 'Not in database' error message. This applies to the NORMY intersection. I checked in FSNav and saw that this was part of the J12 airway outbound to the EPH VOR. I tried the other isec's on the route and got the same error, not in database.I then thought that it may be because they are no longer in the current airac cycle. I checked the PMDG SIDSSTARS folder for the KBFI txt file and sure enough they were not there. I then installed the airac into FSNav to see if the ISEC's were renamed but no, they are still showing as part of the airway.How do I get the NORMY ISEC into the PMDG database? Perhaps I should be looking elsewhere for the ISEC's rather than the KBFI .txt file. Any ideas?Regards...Ken

Hi Ken,I am not surprised you could not find NORMY in the KBFI procedure. There are no published sids for that airport. Having said that, the fix NORMY exists and is appearing, as it should be, in the wpNavFIX text file of the NAVDATA folder. So the obvious conclusion is that if you choose to fly over NORMY you should insert manually this fix in the leg route of your FMC.Hope this will help.

Ken,Just read your post again, if you want to enter J12 you need to select an entry point and an exit point. I just tried it on a dry test basis . My entry point was SEA and my exit point was EPH. I got the following fixes loaded properly: SEA - NORMY - BLUIT - EPH. I checked also in the wpNavRTE text file in the NAVDATA folder and sure enough J12 is listed with all these fixes. I also checked in Jeppesen FliteMap and found out that J12 when entering at SEA and exiting at EPH shows the same fixes plus a couple of others. For reference here is the segment read on FliteMap: SEA - TAGOR - NORMY - WINIM - BLUIT - EPH.Cheers

Hello Michael.Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. As a beginner with PMDG I am delighted at the way everything is simulated, however, when things don't do what's expected it can be a steep learning curve. I have the FMC document printed so I will read it through and learn about custom waypoints. I am grateful for your assistance.Regards...Ken