Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radikaltekno

This is getting frustrating

Ok I have spent all weekend on this.I have FSX, FSX SDK sp2, GMAX 1.2. I have copied the "FSX_GmaxGamePack" Into the "gamepacks" directory in GMAX. The "FS Tools" button appears in GMAX. Under it I only get these options "AttachPoint", "Animation Manager", "Cloud Tool" and "LODname tool".All I want to do is design buildings to put in FSX, no autogen, no airplanes, just buildings. I can save my file as a .GMAX. But now I want to compile it. How do I do it? From there I am completely lost.HELP PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!Thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Gmax is a modeler, it helps you design objects. The tools in the FSTool menu help you add to/alter the object to work within FSX. Once you get your building modeled, then you go to the FStools drop down and select LODname tool and input a name that will go with the GUID for that object, then select create a new GUID for this object button and close. Now go back to the FSTools menu drop down and select Attachpoint tool and check the box for the No crash and then input another name for your object, then hit "attach to selected geometry" and close. Now you can export your object as an MDL. You can follow the info in the SDK to place it, or use library Creator XML from FSDeveloper and make a library for all your objects and then place them with one of several tools for object placement.

Gmax is a modeler, it helps you design objects. The tools in the FSTool menu help you add to/alter the object to work within FSX. Once you get your building modeled, then you go to the FStools drop down and select LODname tool and input a name that will go with the GUID for that object, then select create a new GUID for this object button and close. Now go back to the FSTools menu drop down and select Attachpoint tool and check the box for the No crash and then input another name for your object, then hit "attach to selected geometry" and close. Now you can export your object as an MDL. You can follow the info in the SDK to place it, or use library Creator XML from FSDeveloper and make a library for all your objects and then place them with one of several tools for object placement.
Thanks for your help.I did a test cube on sunday night and it worked, i saw it in FSX. Monday I received the GMax Bible and started reading it and so last night I decided to do something I had been waiting a long time do figure out how to do. Took me 1hr 15minutes and bam, there it was in FSX....I will hopefully be able to put out some scenery on the AVSIM library real soon....