Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest The Captain

FRAPS ?

2 days ago I bought & installed FRAPS. I made a couple of short movies & at first I got frame rates in the 30s (usually 50-60+) but this morning FRs drop to 8 or so when I turn FRAPS on. I've made no changes to FS9 & I wonder if someone could tell me what might have caused this problem. Mycomputer specs are: 1)AWD-IT GPC36 E8600 Overclocked Intel E8600 Core 2 Duo @ 4.0Ghz 6MB Cache 1333FSB CPU / Asus P5Q Pro Intel P45 Crossfire DDR2 Motherboard / ATI 4870 512Mb / OCZ 4GB DDR2 PC8500 1066Mhz Memory / 500Gb SATA Hard Drive / 22x DVD-RW/Vista 64bit.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 days ago I bought & installed FRAPS. I made a couple of short movies & at first I got frame rates in the 30s (usually 50-60+) but this morning FRs drop to 8 or so when I turn FRAPS on. I've made no changes to FS9 & I wonder if someone could tell me what might have caused this problem. Mycomputer specs are: 1)AWD-IT GPC36 E8600 Overclocked Intel E8600 Core 2 Duo @ 4.0Ghz 6MB Cache 1333FSB CPU / Asus P5Q Pro Intel P45 Crossfire DDR2 Motherboard / ATI 4870 512Mb / OCZ 4GB DDR2 PC8500 1066Mhz Memory / 500Gb SATA Hard Drive / 22x DVD-RW/Vista 64bit.Thanks.
Do you have an anti-virus propgram installed and running? A few of them consume a lot of resources with checking they do in the background.Try disabling it prior to using FRAPS and see if that makes any difference.Good Luck! :(

Opa - to my knowledge I didn't have anything running but I have tunred AVG scheduled checks off just in case.The odd thing is, I've just checked to see if FRAPS is still dragging FRs down & to my amazement, I'm getting my locked FRs of 30 in a couple of short trial runs. I wonder now if AVG was running. FRAPS has been awful all throughout today & I'm sure AVG hasn't been on all day. I'll keep my eye on it!Cheers & thanks for you suggestion!Terry.