Sign in to follow this  
Guest fusionhat

CH yoke calibration issue?

Guest fusionhat

I've been playing around with my new CH yoke in FSX, and I'm having some problems. I'll climb to a random altitude, trim out the plane, and everything will seem fine. But anytime I used the yoke to adjust my pitch up or down, and then move the yoke back to its center position, the aircraft won't return to level flight on its own without first descending several hundred feet, and then bouncing back up to several hundred feet above my original position. It keeps doing that for a while before it finally settles. I've calibrated the joystick and followed all the instructions for trimming the aircraft, but it is very difficult to maintain level flight! This happens with any aircraft I choose...Thanks for your help!

Guest cuizinier

HiJust 3 things that come to my mind that might help you.1- calibrate (in windows or CH control manager) your yoke making sure to use the little notched wheel (front left) to adjust the center position in the center of the loosy detent the yoke has on the elevator axis. I do this on a regular basis (like every six month or so...)2 - set a large dead zone on this axis to make sure that when you release the yoke, no output signal goes to FS. Use FSUIPC (or whatever is its equivalent for FSX) or the CH control manager to do so.. 3 - the behavior you describe is to some extend normal. You trim for a given speed. When you apply up or down elevator, the aircraft speed change. When you release it, the aircraft oscillate a bit until it go back to the speed you previously trimmed.hope it helpsjulien

Hi fusionhat,Make sure the trim wheel on the yoke body to the left of the yoke shaft is centered. If it gets very far off and you calibrate, it sets it up so the sensitivity changes as you pass through elevator center and that can cause it. It should be centered, then the yoke calibrated, and the trim wheel left should be left alone after that. Moving it throws it out of calibration, it's much better to use the trim in FS itself.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com