Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest robystar

failures

Hiall,Apologize if this has been asked before. I have switched to FSX too early and been off FS9 for too long. But I am back to FS9 disappointed as I am over FSX.And I now realize that FS9 is much more fun, except for the fact that I bump into this annoying quirk everytime I am flying for a while: one of the systems or engines or radios fails!Now that is nice once in a while but not if it is occurring each time. How do I start up FS9 making sure failure initiation is off? Apparently it does not help if I uncheck all possible failure possibilities and in the fs9.cfg I do not find any indication for it either.Thanks beforehand for helping me out on this stupid problem.Roby

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hiall,Apologize if this has been asked before. I have switched to FSX too early and been off FS9 for too long. But I am back to FS9 disappointed as I am over FSX.And I now realize that FS9 is much more fun, except for the fact that I bump into this annoying quirk everytime I am flying for a while: one of the systems or engines or radios fails!Now that is nice once in a while but not if it is occurring each time. How do I start up FS9 making sure failure initiation is off? Apparently it does not help if I uncheck all possible failure possibilities and in the fs9.cfg I do not find any indication for it either.Thanks beforehand for helping me out on this stupid problem.Roby
HiHave you been unhecking everything in the Aircraft - Failures Menu. Remember to choose all the catagories in the Failures top Menu, and you should be done.RegardsHenrik Korning

Are you using the stock, unmodified "default" flight? Remember that, if you save a different flight as "default" (through the "save flight" menu), then all those settings will carry over every time you start FS9--including failures. Been there myself. Bill

Hi,And thanks for the advice. In answer to the questions:No, I made my own default flight. Created a new default flight making sure all failures were unchecked.Yes, I am sure I unchecked all failure possibilities.Still they occur every time about 5 to 15 minutes in flight.Roby