Sign in to follow this  
klim1981

Problems with gtx280 multi monitor

Hi,I have a 2 monitor system and tried to setup the second monitor in fs9. Ihave the gtx280 from xfx with the 181.2 nvidia drivers installed. As soon as I enable the multi monitor option in the nvidia control panel fs9 starts to give some problems. In windowed mode it works fine but in full mode my second monitor behaves ok but the primary will freeze. Then I have to go back to windowed mode and close the overhead on the second monitor.Do you guys have any idea how to solve this?I have the problem with all my panels. I use win xp64.best regardsKim

Hi,I have a 2 monitor system and tried to setup the second monitor in fs9. Ihave the gtx280 from xfx with the 181.2 nvidia drivers installed. As soon as I enable the multi monitor option in the nvidia control panel fs9 starts to give some problems. In windowed mode it works fine but in full mode my second monitor behaves ok but the primary will freeze. Then I have to go back to windowed mode and close the overhead on the second monitor.Do you guys have any idea how to solve this?I have the problem with all my panels. I use win xp64.best regardsKim
Kim- I run FS9 with triple mons- 2D Views L,C,R Fwd synched into a single 46" wide, 145

Thanks for the reply. Do you advise me not to use full mode? Have you noticed a decrease in frame rates in windowed mode? It would be nice if you can send me a a picture of your setup.thanksKim
Kim- Hard to tell re FPS, since I've never been able to make Full Screen behave logically with the triple views LFwd,Fwd,RFwd.But windowed mode is super reliable and very smooth. I decrease some FS9 settings so as to get 30-45 FPS with only one view active. (My 'puter is nearly 6 yrs old!) With triple views (using the upper halves of the mons for view and lower portions for panels/popups) I get a typical FPS of 50% of single view performance- or 15 to 23 FPS with all 3 views active and synched into what your eyes see as one scene!Autogen is OFF (good riddance) and AI is below 30.I autohide Task & Menu bars and Title Bars are changed in colour to dark gray (black) with dark green lettering. You would be hardpressed to distinguish between Windowed & Full Screen by appearance.For a couple of pics- go to AVSIM Hardware Discussion/ Video Cards& Drivers in the last day or so. Look for the topic- "Positioning Multiple Monitors".Alex Reid

Kim- Hard to tell re FPS, since I've never been able to make Full Screen behave logically with the triple views LFwd,Fwd,RFwd.But windowed mode is super reliable and very smooth. I decrease some FS9 settings so as to get 30-45 FPS with only one view active. (My 'puter is nearly 6 yrs old!) With triple views (using the upper halves of the mons for view and lower portions for panels/popups) I get a typical FPS of 50% of single view performance- or 15 to 23 FPS with all 3 views active and synched into what your eyes see as one scene!Autogen is OFF (good riddance) and AI is below 30.I autohide Task & Menu bars and Title Bars are changed in colour to dark gray (black) with dark green lettering. You would be hardpressed to distinguish between Windowed & Full Screen by appearance.For a couple of pics- go to AVSIM Hardware Discussion/ Video Cards& Drivers in the last day or so. Look for the topic- "Positioning Multiple Monitors".Alex Reid
Alex,How do you change the title bars in color to dark gray (black) with dark green lettering?Kind regards,Jerel

Alex,How do you change the title bars in color to dark gray (black) with dark green lettering?Kind regards,Jerel
----------------------Jerel- In Control Panel: go to Display/Appearance/Advanced. Set "Title Bar" to black colour. Set "Active Title Bar" as follows-Font Size 7, & Color set to a Green color. If you click on the color box, you get the palette of available colors.A bit confusing first time but you'll get the hang!Also , don't forget to AUTO HIDE the top Menu Bar and bottom Task Bar. Then you'll have difficulty distinguishing Windowed mode from Full Screen! The pic shows the result.Alex ReidDreamFleet Bonanza Ready for TO @ Stewart BC