Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello All,I have FEX with the SHD expansion. I am now using ASA and am wondering of XGRAPHICS or REX would give me any benefits over FEX. What are your thoughts?RegardsJon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Are you asking me or the general usership?I don't own FEX or REX so I can't give you my opinion.With X Graphics installed you can auto-generate Snapshots in ASA and then use those Snapshots to have textures that match your weather conditions.Thanks!

hi,I guess it was intended primarily at the general usership. However, it's useful to know how the link between the two products gives benefits with the snapshots.RegardsJon

Hello All,I have FEX with the SHD expansion. I am now using ASA and am wondering of XGRAPHICS or REX would give me any benefits over FEX. What are your thoughts?RegardsJon
Well, I have all three and I use FEX for clouds and XG for airport surfaces and roads, etc. Currently am unable to use REX and am waiting for the update. It looks like REX water is better but if it's just clouds you're looking for, stay with FEX. I saw no framerate difference between FEX/REX and the SHD clouds look the same altho the published screenshots are quite different.

Thanks v much for the response. Is there some compatability problem with REX at the moment?