Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Ready to Upgrade FSX Terrain, Environment, Landclass, etc.

Guest bekfreak
Maxter is almost right :)Yes, we have plans to do as much of the USA and Canada as we can, and Alaska is the next cab off the rank after PNW. Beyond that we are thinking perhaps Florida or somewhere on the east coast, but as Maxter said making FTX is a pretty expensive process and we will be dependant on the adoption rate of PNW and Alaska to ensure we have the cash flow to continue development of the USA/Canada series. Orbx is a little bitty company and as such we can't bite off more than we can chew :)Quick answer is we'd love to do the whole world, and we may get around to it someday, but it's a very labour intensive process.With regard to FSnext - who knows? We're bitterly disappointed about the ACES closure and the cloud hanging over the franchise, but whatever form the next iteration of FS transpires, we will of course be there and will port FTX to comply with the new SDKs. But that's all a moot point. We envisage a long life for FSX in the current circumstances and have no plans to move to other platforms at this stage.
And, with 3rd party companies places like Orbx .. FSX will have a VERY long self life. I definately would be for a better Florida scenery or something good on the East Coast. Heck I'm looking foward to seeing the PNW and Alaska too. :)

Guest ThrottleUp

FTX without a doubt if you wanna fly in Australia - and as others have mentioned they are working on a North America package. The Orbx and OzX crew do fantastic work and I know they will be draining my wallet :( Here are some pictures of FTX in action. I took them on a recent flight from Amberly AFB to Townsville:http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p416/Ka...?albumview=grid :(

Guest byoungblood
Looks Nice, but that is a lot of money for mesh.$25.00 for Florida alone.Brandon
I can't understand why someone would go to that much trouble to release a high-res mesh for a state where the highest elevation is 345' MSL.

Guest bekfreak
FTX without a doubt if you wanna fly in Australia - and as others have mentioned they are working on a North America package. The Orbx and OzX crew do fantastic work and I know they will be draining my wallet :( Here are some pictures of FTX in action. I took them on a recent flight from Amberly AFB to Townsville:http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p416/Ka...?albumview=grid :(
FTX is going to open up an entirely new area for me to fly in. I just would like to see South/Central America and Africa get some respectful addons. But, heck a not so blah Merry ol'Land of Oz is great! Don't mind me asking a really stupid question if UTX USA/Canada includes Alaska and Hawaii. ;)