Sign in to follow this  
MathiasX

FS VIDEOS

Actually you really need 3. First you need FS Recorder (Donationware), which can save your entire flight, including AI. This allows you to go back and playback to get different views for your video. Then you need a program that will do the actual video recording. You can use Fraps, but I use GameCam (Payware although like Fraps there is a cut down freeware version with limitations). GameCam is less resource intensive which will give you better performance then Fraps. There is a bug though, which has never been addressed. If you fly FS9 style aircraft in FSX in foggy conditions, the video will white out. I've only seen this on Nvidia Cards, ATI was fine, also it works fine with FSX native aircraft. The other benefit is video file size. GameCam videos are a fraction of the size fraps are. The other program you need is a video processor, you can use MovieMaker, or if you want something more elaborate, Sony Vega, or Adobe Premiere (I think that's what it's called). I use Moviemaker on Vista. The one on XP is good but Vista's gives you the ability to create HD content, that will work with youtube.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d