Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dougwells

Help! -- "No Flights Found"

OK, I must have messed something up. I thought FSX was running amazingly smoothly these past 6 months.I loaded up FSX this afternoon to shoot some approaches and was surprised to see that my favorite flights were missing. Once FSX is started, I click on "Load" to load the flight I want for the day. These flights have my favorite aircraft, departing airport and weather loaded in them. Today, the file showed up empty (normally I have 12 - 15 flights to choose from that I have saved over the years). Also, when I checked my logbook for entries, THEY WERE ALL GONE. My awards (100 hours of flying, 50 hours of IMC, etc) were still there but no logbook entries.I'm kind of a one trick pony when it comes to fixing FSX so I tried what I thought might work, quit FSX, copying FSX.cfg and then delete the original. When I rebooted, FSX created a new FSX.cfg file but still no loaded files and still no logbook entries.Any ideas on how to fix this?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.Is there anything else folks can think of that would have caused me to lose both my Saved Flights and my Log Book?Thanks

Both the logbook and saved flights are kept in My Documents\Flight Simulator X filesDid you change your login (which would have given you a fresh "My Documents" folder), or do anything else to change it? You should be able to find it by looking in c:\users\<user name>\documents. You will probably need administrative rights and to set the 'show hidden files & folders' option in explorer.

PERFECT!! That was exactly the problem. I was cleaning out my hard drive the other day and thought the "FSX Simulator" file was one that I had made (because it has such a reasonable, non-cryptic name) and I re-filed the folder into my other sim files. Turns out, MS created the folder automatically for me. MS had no way of knowing I had simply moved the folder so it dutifully made a new FSX Simulator folder for me.....thus no logbook entries or saved flights.EXCELLENT! Thanks for helping me. This forum is wonderful. Thank you to everyone for being so willing (and so quick) to helpPS - full disclosure. Just before this flight, I was about to purchase Active Sky. I was going to shoot one approach and then buy the program. I SOOOOO would have blamed Active Sky for this problem (lost logs and flights) had I installed it first (sorry about that HiFi). Just goes to show how easy it is to blame an innnocent developer. OK, now I'm off to buy ASA. Yeah!