Sign in to follow this  
axelb9

Which version to download for FSX

Hi,I had VoxATC for FS9 however now I switched platform to FSX for good. Wanna download the trial version for FSX however it is unclear which one to try.There is a download link for 'with voice recogniton - not Vista' and 'for VISTA - without voice recognition'. However it also states that 'If you are running Vista or you have a SAPI 5.1 compatible voice recognition engine and TTS voices installed, you can download VoxATC X without voice recognition. 'How can I check that I have SAP 5.1 compatible voice engine in which case I would need to download the Vista version. I run XP however in the Speech menu of my Control Panel under Lanhuage I have Microsoft English Recognizer 5.1. It might have gotten installed for Vox FS9.Also: can someone please confirm that the issue with approaching uncontrolled airports have been fixed? The issue when you are not able to contact Unicom from within 30 nm?Thanks,Alex

It sounds like you will OK to just install the so called Vista version which is simply VoxATCX without the SAPI5 speech recognition and TTS (Text to Speech) software. You can verify and test both functions by openning windows control panel and launching the speech applet. Unless you have installed other TTS voices such as the ATT Natural voices you will be limited to the Microsoft TSS voices, Mike and Mary which are very robotic. If that is the case you might want to just try the demo and then order the deluxe package from RCSimulations which includes the ATT package with four voices. If you purchase the voices separately it would cost around $100 in addition to the cost of registering the VoxATCX download. Good luck.