Sign in to follow this  
Guest cyon20

panel doesnt work for B737-800

Guest cyon20

Hi everyone!I downloaded the panel from the avsim website for the POSKY B737-800. I do what the instructions tells me to do like moving the folders but when i start the game, the default 737-400 panel is still there. I dont know what i did wrong.Can someone help me please?Thanks!

Hi everyone!I downloaded the panel from the avsim website for the POSKY B737-800. I do what the instructions tells me to do like moving the folders but when i start the game, the default 737-400 panel is still there. I dont know what i did wrong.Can someone help me please?Thanks!
I think I can.Can I assume you downloaded the file named hp_b737-800panel2.zip ?If so, this is how I installed it.1. I unzipped the entire file to a temporary folder first.2. Then I created a new folder and named it Panel.POSKY (note the period in the name)3. I then unzipped the panel.zip into that new folder.4. I also unzipped the gauges.zip in that folder also - rather than into my default gauges folder.5. I unzipped the sounds into my default sounds folder.6. Then I placed a copy of the folder named Panel.POSKY into the aircraft folder where I wanted to use it.7. Then I edited the aircraft.cfg file for that aircraft - changing the panel= line (which was blank) to read panel=POSKYIt shows up just fine if you do those steps.Note: I put the gauges into the panel folder as FS2004 always looks there first for any gauges it may need and if I decide not to keep this panel, one delete will get it all - no leftover, unused gauges in my default gauges folder.Hope this helps - if you need further help, just ask. :(