Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest africa1

STAR's and RC

Hi, can anyone point me to a discussion in this forum, or perhaps explain how to add a STAR procedure into RC after you have loaded the flight into the program and are already near your destination, and only then receive the landing and departing runway.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, can anyone point me to a discussion in this forum, or perhaps explain how to add a STAR procedure into RC after you have loaded the flight into the program and are already near your destination, and only then receive the landing and departing runway.
that isn't something you can do in rc. you have to put the star into the .pln that you load. that being said, the star will end as soon as you contact approach. if you want to continue flying the "sid", you can ask for an iap approach, specify the runway, and type of approach, and rc will leave you alone until you are lined up 7 miles from the airport. you'll be switched to tower at that point.so put a generic, catch all, set of checkpoints at the end of the .pln, then ask for an iap approach. i think that will accomplish what you want to dojd