Sign in to follow this  
Guest rlselle

Glide Slope

Guest rlselle

Just got RC about a week ago. Enjoy it very much. Have read the manual and done the tutorials. When landing I show the localizer no problem. However, the glide slope never shows up. What am I doing? Thank you for the program.Richard

RC has nothing to do with the presentation of data on your nav instruments. Some models do not follow the FS specifications. See if a default aircraft on the same route gives you the information.In addition, depending on your pattern entry, you may be too far out after intercepting the LLZ to initially see the GS. As you get closer it ideally should be above you eventually lowering for capture.In some specific cases your arrival assigned altitude may be too high to to uneven terrain surround the airport. The G/S may be way below your aircraft. This is a cased for either using the NOTAMS feature that allows you to deviate from assigned altitudes in the departure or approach or use an IAP to navigate on your own. In either case you will need approach charts of both a STAR if it exists or and a published approach plate (IAP) for the runway. FAA jurisdiction charts are available at no charge from flightaware.com. Enter the ICAO four letter designator at the lower left and click on airport information. Click on Terminal Procedures and then specific information or download the entire bundle in one .pdf file. Other jurisdictions have other sources.If a specific airport is giving you a problem, you might consider getting (for FS9) AFCAD221 from the utilities section of the AVSIM library and looking up the airport in question. Once the airport is opened in the AFCAD menu bar click on Lists, then Navaids to see if what frequency you are tuning to has an associated G/S. Also make sure you have run from within RC the scenery rebuild utility to insure RC has its database matched to your current scenery. This insures you are being vectored correctly to the runway.

Just got RC about a week ago. Enjoy it very much. Have read the manual and done the tutorials. When landing I show the localizer no problem. However, the glide slope never shows up. What am I doing? Thank you for the program.Richard