Guest D17S
I7 920 all the way. Kick's 775 &@($* in FSX gaming.Sure it not suitable for crysis, but hes want a CPU for FSX! i7 out performs the 775 on FS gaming.Here's a link of a i7 review on FSX ultra high -> http://www.flybva.co.uk/fsxenhancements/CoreI7/And a video of a guy who owns a i7 and plays FSX on ultra high ->
Cooler master, do you get the gist of what Ahinterl want? He wants to select a CPU that best suits FSX not your "CSS, COD" what good or not...i7 isn't crap, what crap is that you can't afford it. BTW put your name on your signature, it require by rules. Don't even get how people don't read rules... -Vincent
It's helpful when we get a slider-setup to compare. For instance, the player at flybva is getting ~ 20FPS at KSEA/RW34/default 737 Vcockpit with a specific slider setup. He has the i7 at 3.0. With that identical FSX setup (at 1920x1080, BTW), a Q6600@3.6Ghz gets ~20-22FPS. These are all UFPS / Unique Frames Per Second (ie, No sutter'n).In these comparisons, the i7 continues to show a ~ 15% clock for clock performance benefit over a core2Q. So, a core2Q@3.0/4G-DDR2@800/9800GT system will run (about) with an i7@2.6/6G-DDR3@1600/GTX260.Unless a builder O/Cs an i7 BeYonD ~ 3.2Ghz, there appears to be no benefit beyond a Q6600@3.6/4G-ram@800/9800GT system.

Thank you all for the comments.Seems that even if FS(X) demands for high CPU clock rates, the lower clocked i7 can be the better choice.Andreas