Sign in to follow this  
Guest Autolite

T33A problem...

Hi Autolite. I too have SP1 only. I downloaded it and I have no canopy glass either. I did fix the landing gear switch which would not toggle, added the correct ATC callouts, and fixed the 0 hyd. pressure problem. I don't know how to fix the canopy glass problem. It must be in the model info. I never found the T33A-796update.zip file either. Where did you get it? Regards, Bob.

My screenshot is not of the updated file, but rather the original file. I had never heard that SP2 deals with Vista at all. I do know that it can break compatibility with FS9 files. Yet you can see the canopy on my rig. Not at my FSX computer right now, but I will check more later.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest Autolite
Hi Autolite. I too have SP1 only. I downloaded it and I have no canopy glass either. I did fix the landing gear switch which would not toggle, added the correct ATC callouts, and fixed the 0 hyd. pressure problem. I don't know how to fix the canopy glass problem. It must be in the model info. I never found the T33A-796update.zip file either. Where did you get it? Regards, Bob.
Good day Bob. The T-33A files that I've been messing around with came from http://www.flightsim.com/file.php.After registration and log-in, do a file library search for 'FSX/Modern Military/FSX Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star Update'. There should be two files. t33aupxa.zipT-33A796.ZIPIf you have any luck with finding the 'missing canopy' fix, don't keep it a secret, okay... :(

Hi. The file I am looking for was called out in your post that you posted above:Yes, thank you! Just knowing that the 'glass' problems are common is quite helpful. Out of three files,t-33a796.zipT33AupXA.zipT-33A_796update.zipI cannot find the canopy in any of them. I'll just keep messing around until I can figure something out.On another note, a buddy of mine has had the 'black glass' problem and the 'propeller texture' problem on certain aircraft whereas I haven't. The difference being that I have FSX SP1 on Windows XP Home and he has FSX SP2 w/Acceleration on Vista!Go figure...I can't find any T-33A_796update.zip. Regards, Bob.

Guest Autolite
I had never heard that SP2 deals with Vista at all. Bob
I thought that that is what I had read somewhere but I can't say for certain. Reference the compatibility problems with FSX and pre-FSX aircraft, do you know for sure that the SP2 is the cause or could it be the Acceleration Pack? I am wondering if installing just the SP2 might fix the canopy problem...

I don't think I know anything "for sure" about FSX. I don't use hardly any pre-FSX anything, so it is easy for me to have SP2 installed. I don't believe the Accel pack is causing problems, but rather the SP2 part of it. There have been many discussions about the good and bad of using FS9 planes in FSX.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest Autolite
Hi. Thanks. Got it! Best regards, Bob.
Hi there again Bob! I wanted to ask if the T33A aircraft loaded any better for you with that new file? Are you still missing the canopy? Is the forward windscreen still black?I would be interested to learn if you've had any luck solving the 'black glass' problem...

Hi there again Bob! I wanted to ask if the T33A aircraft loaded any better for you with that new file? Are you still missing the canopy? Is the forward windscreen still black?I would be interested to learn if you've had any luck solving the 'black glass' problem...
Hi. I still have no canopy glass and I never had the forward screen black glass problem. Regards, Bob.