Sign in to follow this  
frakius

Problems with FSX 747 on vista 64 bit install

Hi, I have been running PMDG 747X ok on win xp bar the OOM errors so decided to upgrade to vista 64 bit (which so far is not been a smooth ride in many ways lack of span for multiple monitors my biggest gripe) so i could use the 747 hopefully while running my addon scenery. Anyway the plane seems to install fine and I can see my panels fine however there are other issues, one is when i extend the flaps the wing part of the flap does not extend while the rest does, another issue is changing settings in the PMDG options like IRS alignment time does not change the time it stays at 7 minutes when counting down. I uninstalled and d/l the Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 files from microsoft and installed them as administrator (uninstalling 747x first) and then reinstalled the 747 but still getting the same problems, vista is starting to drive me insane any help would be appreciated.attached is a pic of what the flap problem looks like2009-3-5_13-46-9-60.jpgPaul Milburn

I do not have a problem with any pmdg product in Vista 64, so it should be possible to get things running.Make sure you have advanced animations selected in FSX.Make sure the directory/subdirectories and all pmdg files have administrator rights assigned with the properties security tab.Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

ah advanced animations has fixed the flap issue :( thanks for that! Will have a look at giving admin rights to the PMDG folder (you do this by assigning the folder to the administrator group?) to see if it fixs the IRS issue.Many ThanksPaul Milburn

I've slept a couple of times, but I think I used a right mouse click on the directory and selected properties. From there I went to the security tab and checked all the boxes for access and security for assigned user (that is me).

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the help Dan, changing the permissions on the PMDG folder now allows me to change the settings and get my IRS to align in 15 seconds, so now I have a operational 747 many thanks! Vista is such an annoying OS, should have got XP 64 bit in retrospect, ah well you live and learn I guess :-) Now it's just trying to get framerates with all my scenery addons running out of the 6 and 7s on takeoff and landing, been thinking of getting the MD-11 just for the better framerates alone :( Paul Milburn