Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SK50

Some addon suggestions

I've been a way from flightimulator almost a year and starting up again with FSX instead of fs9.I used to have ultimate terrain europe, active sky 6, fsnavigator and ultimate traffic. The following were good in fs9, are they still good or is there new better addons for FSX?/JD

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,We have ASX for FSX and now ASA for FS04 and FSX.Thanks,

Hi, Ultimate terrain does pretty much the same as it did for FS9, however for FSX UT offers much better landclass, better textures over all, and higher resolutions. A must have if you ask me. Active Sky Advanced is hands down the best in the series, and is designed to work with both FS9, and FSX! Definately the best weather engine on the market! Ultimate Traffic I believe ( I could be wrong) still uses FS9 models for FSX, which has a higher impact on Framerates than if you were to use true FSX models. I am sure there is better traffic out there. I just cant remembers the names right off hand. The best thing to look for in traffic is to make sure it uses true FSX models as it is easier on frames. Hope some of this helps:)Chris,

Thank's guys.UT-europe and ASA is on my list now. :(

If you're interested in flying in Australia, I can highly recommend the FTX Terrain series from Orbx.There is a thread discussing the series and their new trailer video here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=243732I'd also recommend taking a look at an environment package/weather engine, this is really down to personal preference - but I use a combination of Active Sky X, Flight Environment X and Real Environment Xtreme.If you're interested in some aircraft then I can recommend the PMDG aircraft and also Carenado offerings.Hope this helps. :(

Tank's for the heads up guys.I can't remember if I have installed sp2 or not, is there a way to find out?