Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest LeClere

Nardi amphibian problem

I really like this plane--it looks sharp and flies nice. The problem is, when I put the floats down and land, then take off again, when I throw the retract switch--in the immortal words of Curly--"nothin' happens!"--except that the plane eventually falls gently out of the sky. As you don't really seem to need the floats to land etc. this isn't that big of a deal, but I was wondering if maybe I was doing something wrong. The switch is right there on the engine control panel. Any ideas? I'm having fun flying around the Canadian shield with a sextant and no GPS..lots and lots of lakes. Siberia is next. Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just downloaded this plane and sure enough the floats will not go back up but only if you use the switch on the instrument panel or virtual cockpit.After a little experimentation the float retraction is keyed to the / (Forward Slash) key which is usually the spoiler key. If you use the key and not the cockpit/panel switch they will extend and retract every time. If you do use the panel switch and extend the floats and then use the switch to try to retract them (as you know that doesn't work) you will have to hit the Forward Slash key several times before they will go back up. But if you just use the key they will work by just hitting the key once.Todd

Outstanding. Thank you very much. I want to take the Nardi across Siberia using nothing but NDBs and the add-on sextant and I wanted to make it seem realistic as possible. I will probably have to fake it with the fuel...pretend I have fuel caches at remote Siberian lakes...thank God for ONCs. Bill