Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J van E

FSWidget GMap won't stay on top

I am using FSX on Vista 64 bit. Yesterday I gave FSWidget's GMap a try, but the problem is it won't appear in FSX, or to put it differently: it won't stay on top. This means I have to Alt-tab out of FSX to see it, which seems a bit weird and defeats the purpose... Anyone knows how to get GMap working as it should...? I know you should be able to toggle it on and off (bring it to the foreground and back again, I guess) with Ctrl-Shift-Z, but then it still switches to the map and puts FSX in windowed mode (or even makes it jump to the taskbar).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hm, just found out FSWidget has a forum and there I read GMap won't work in full screen mode. Bummer.Anyone knows a map that does work in full screen mode? I would like to see where I am while flying! Above which cities and so on. I've read about FSXGET but that's still beta and AFAIK also won't stay upfront with FSX in full screen mode.

Hm, just found out FSWidget has a forum and there I read GMap won't work in full screen mode. Bummer.Anyone knows a map that does work in full screen mode? I would like to see where I am while flying! Above which cities and so on. I've read about FSXGET but that's still beta and AFAIK also won't stay upfront with FSX in full screen mode.
Hi Jeroen,I use FSMap and appreciate this smart tool.It's very easy to install the gauge with the installer and the app works ok in full screen mode.Only European maps are provided but there's a bunch of good BMP maps here in the Library.FSMaps