Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check_Airman

Last round of MD11 questions (at least for a long time)

I did my first "longhaul" in the MD11 today, and she performed superbly. Here are a few questions/comments/wishes I've been sitting on for the past few weeks.1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include an ACARS uplink of activesky route wind. It's incredibly annoying to enter wind for ~35 waypoints, especially with the bug that forces us to need an altitude entry with each wind entry.2. In cruise phase, I selected the GA limit, but i noticed that the 62K option was not available even though I selected the asterisk (PW engines). Is this thrust level only available on the ground?3. I remember reading somewhere that the Air controller automatically inhibits APU bleed until 1 minute after APU start, although I do not notice this functionality. Am I confusing the MD11 with another plane?4. Is there any way we can customize the defaults on the INIT page 2 and the accelleration and thrust reduction altitudes? The values on that page will vary by regulatory authority and company, so it would be nice if we didn't have to change them each time. I'm thinking of something along the lines on the ECON/POLICY DEScent option.5. Does the flap selector have to be at 15 for the approach? If so, it'd be nice if we could change the default value here too, since companies may use their own takeof settings (like 19.5 Batting%20Eyelashes.gif)6. I recall reading in some MD11 documentation that there was a FINAL APPROACH prompt on the approach page. Is that a customer option, and are there any plans to simulate this?7. I also recall reading that the baro bug should turn into a "bowtie" when the FCP altitude is set to MDA. Are there plans to include this?That should be it for my questions. I've had the MD for a while now, and it really is a superior simulation. As you can see, none of the above are really problems, just nitpicking stuff that I guess I could like without (apart from the activesky route wind), but they would really be nice to have.Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would like the Soft Altitude Hold mode. Allows AP to deviate +/- 100 feet from selected altitude in order to change speed before changing thrust. Available above 18,000 feet and on altitude and speed with no commanded changes for 2 minutes. I couldn't tell if this was simulated or not myself.