Sign in to follow this  
gosta

737 Ariane panel problem

Guest Marvel

hello Just bought the Ariane analogue 737 cockpit and merge it with a freeware Gmax FFX737-200 and I say it's a perfect combination. Althought Ariane didn't provide a complete panel operation (yeah, I know it's on it's way and said to be 200 pages long) I could manage to start her up from cold dark then bring her back to cold dark again, with the help of background knowledge from 767 PIC. One think bother me though, after the shutdown process APU OFF, APU BLEED OFF but still if I try placing the starter to GND the N2 indicates engine spool up!!!??!! I'm quite certain I've cut the bleed from APU and already shutdown the APU itself. What did I do wrong here. Next I'll gona get rid of that APU sound.Another glish is that I can not cut the hydrolic power, with engine and electric driven hydrolic turned off, I can still move the control cerface!!! spooky...anyway I'm still looking forward to their FMC. I just like the analogue look of the pit and hope they'll get the FMC and INS right PS. from the cockpit pictures I've seen in the net I think their pit reflects B737-200 ADV then -300MarvelVTBD

Guest wkzzo

Marvel I know nothing about the ariane panel , but that fact that you can move the flight controls without hydraulics is correct. 737's still have cable actuated controls in the event hyd is lost, even the NG 737

Guest Marvel

wow tnx for the input, can't imagine they use cables in that size of airliner may be as a backup system, hmmm :-)

Marvel,I don't know if you have done so far, but have you contacted ARiane on this? And yes there is comming a manual for the panel, I have seen a concept of it. It is over 200 pages ;-)You might contcat Ariane on: ArianeStudios@aol.comGood luck with your new panel!

Guest Marvel

just emailed them hope I'll get a reply

I ythink you will, but the weekend is arriving so possible on monday.

"I ythink you will, but the weekend is arriving so possible on monday."A product sold seven days a week should be supported seven days a week--one of the reasons I decided not to go into business for myself. I wanted to have a life. If the weekend is an issue, or holidays, then how many people are "Ariane"? I know both in the case of Flight1 and Dreamfleet, someone has always answered my questions within 24 hours, no matter how silly. And even on my freeware products, I try to respond to any query I receive. I don't have to, and sometimes I can't. Then again, I haven't solicited money.

Guest Marvel

ok, I've just got their reply and that's less than 24 hours.

Wonder if that's coz they saw this post :) Took me two weeks to get a response over the holidays. But their product was still for sale during that time.

Possible sales and support are not the same persons. Many companies are selling through an organisation which are running the sales. Support comes from the developers. Look at the RFP. Ralph Toffelmire and his team is doing an excellent job on their support, while VMax is the sales company, doing a louzy job on support I think. I don't know how ariane is doing this. But this could be the reason there is no support and the sales are continueing.

Thanks Tino (and thanks for your response in the other thread)....Most websites (my company's included) pretty much run themselves 24x7, so it's possible for sales and support to be rolled into one person. Literally that's the case for my company. Our website services 100,000+ insureds, but it's been a one man show until very recently. Only recently have I started to assist in support of the site, when I'm not handling WAN issues, and that's only due to an evaluation I recently launched. So I've started to take over a lot of the design specs, and I'm supporting issues related to those. What amazes me is (although I am on call over the weekend) I can count my after hours web calls at perhaps 3-4 a year. The servers keep on running, and much of my web maintenance and all of my testing is automated.So it is possible for someone to do it all. Crazy, but possible :) But you get stuck with a bad rap if it's a one man show. I don't fault Bobbo for enjoying the holidays, or taking a vacation. But if he's the only one answering email, it can be an issue. And sometimes, adding someone else to support can undermine the profit--what a dilemma! In my case, working for internal customers, I can't cite that dilemma :(

Guest Toni Rauch

I'm sure that Ariane is a 'one man show' (possibly plus one wife).That's why EVERYONE at Ariane is either completely nameless or calls himself 'Bobbo'. (And if you don't have a published address or phone number, it's probably pretty difficult for any staff to come to work 'coz they don't know where the office is.....:D )Toni.

Guest Marvel

I hate to say this,(that's why I didn't post this in the first place) unfortunately their answer doesn't answer anything much at all. And I still can start the engines without having to turn on the APU bleed nor the APU itself. So for now I like to take it that the ground crew may have hook up external air without me knowing it :-) The ARTWORK on the mainpanel and overhead and night effect is kind of nice, it could give me a good daydream just stairing at it, they deserv credit for this. BTW I'm thinking of setting up an Ariane user forum and I don't think it's against any law. (please inform me if it does) I'll post further infomation.Vatin

Guest Toni Rauch

VatinYou should be able to start your sim with a 'cold & dark' cockpit (i.e. everything shut down and inoperational until you turn the battery on, then select ground power or start the APU, etc.)Anything else that's happening, including what you describe, merely reveals the inadequacy/innacuracy of the Ariane panel in my opinion and for the money being extruded by 'Bobbo', I think you should expect a panel at least up to the level of that of Dreamfleet, PIC etc. when it comes to basic systems.I read in a similar thread the other day a reply from Ariane about bugs etc. in their panel which contains lots of confusing nonsense and poor excuses in it but again, failed to answer the actual questions being posed (blaming Microsoft etc...) I strongly suspect that these issues will never be resolved by Ariane and as I've said, there are better 737 panels out there which don't suffer the same inadequacies/bugs as Ariane's, and even better panels to look forward to...For your piece of mind, I suggest that you don't hold out too much hope in getting a proper response from 'Bobbo' (unless this post, like many others, gives him the 'wake-up' call he needs).Good luck and 'fly safe'.Toni.

Hi Vatin,>I hate to say this,(that's why I didn't post this in the first place) unfortunately their answer doesn't answer anything much at all.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg