Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Can 800Mhz DDR2 RAM Run With 1066?

Apparently PNY no longer makes their XLR8 DDR2 240 Pin 1066 Mhz sticks, but has replaced them with 800mhz. 4 months ago I bought an additional 2 x 2 gigs of CORSAIR Dominator 1066Mhz for a total of 6 gigs, which has been running fine until last week -- one of the Corsairs went belly up and keeps my system from even POSTing. I don't really overclock my memory that much.I ran with just 2 x 1 gig of my year old PNY 1066 and FS9 ran really smooth but I want at least 4 gig in my box - XP PRO 64 bit. What do you guys recommend? I'd like to keep the purchase under $175 US if possible.Please provide opinions/experience -- I'd like to order this today for delivery on Tuesday -- I'm on vacation at home this week and wanted to fly for most of it.As always, thanks for your input, AVSIM members! EDIT: Just to be clear, I use FS2004 ONLY.

There are plenty of 2GB DDR2 1066 modules out there for dirt cheap. Try these puppies on for size.
Thank you! I have just been so happy with the 2 gigs of PNY I bought last year, I didn't want to have to ditch it, and I was surprised that they stopped manufacturing the model and are going it alone with the lower rated, 800 mhz sticks. I've decided to buy 4 gigs 1066 mhz from Crucial. Yeah, I know -- not very glamourous, but I'm tired of shooting craps with manufacturers like Corsair, OCZ, etc. If they're no good, at least I know I'll get a response from Customer Service at Crucial.I really appreciate your input.