Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougwells

Anyone Try Utah Complete!

Guest dougwells

Does anyone know if using a program such as Utah Complete with Utah VFR+ or Megascenery Earth would work well? Utah Complete is a scenery package which makes Utah airports more representative of their real world counterparts.My home airport is KU42 (Salt Lake Municipal, aka "#2"). FSX's representation of the airfield is fairly basic and I am looking for a tool that will better replicate this airport and the other ones in Utah that I enjoy flying to (SGU, CNY, LGU, 36U, etc). It looks like Utah Complete does this but I don't want it to mess up the photoscenery I have now (Utah VFR+ and Megascenery Earth).Thanks for any help or thoughts you might have on this.....Here is the description on Utah Complete. Its in Avsim's Library...=="Category: Flight Simulator X - Scenery Utah Complete v1.0 with Salt Lake City International Airport (KSLC) Scenery Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:Utah Complete v1.0 with Salt Lake City International Airport (KSLC) Scenery (Download #109752) Utah Complete update 1.1 (Download #109898) Images related to this file:utahcomplete_v1_0-1.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-2.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-3.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-4.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-5.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-6.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-7.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-8.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-9.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-10.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-11.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-12.jpg utahcomplete_v1_0-13.jpg File Description:This download includes Utah Complete v1.0 with my Salt Lake City International Airport Scenery. Utah Complete is a widespread project covering much of the state of Utah. This scenery upgrades the landscape, adds many scenery objects, improves many Utah airports, corrects flaws in default scenery, adds ski trails at ski resorts, enhances terrain in select locations, and provides an overall more realistic experience. In addition, Salt Lake City International Airport (KSLC) has been significantly improved with new custom GMAX buildings (including the terminal complex), updated AFCAD, and more realistic object placement. Other airports featured include: Provo (KPVU), Ogden (KOGD), St. George (KSGU), Logan-Cache (KLGU), Heber Valley (36U), Cedar City (KCDC), Moab (KCNY), Vernal (KVEL), and more! " Filename: utahcomplete_v1_0.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 19th September 2007 Downloads: 6345 Author: James Udall Size: 4352kb

As I recall, Utah complete was one of the first big freeware scenery projects to come out for FSX. I think it was a pretty good job. My guess would be that any photoscenery would work out OK with it.scott s..

You will probably run into problems. I used to use Utah Complete, and it is still a very good addon. I also have VFR + Utah, but not the Utah for MegaScenery Earth.Your problems will arise in the order of the scenery entries in your FSX Scenery Library. Utah Complete is a "complete" scenery package. It contains it's own scenery .bgl files, landclass files, airports ("AFCADs"), etc. In essence, whenever you have multiple .bgl files like these for the same geographical locations, you generally have to ensure that FSX won't try to use them all at the same time as it will cause scenery conflicts in FSX (that is why you don't want to just arbitrarily add stuff to the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder in FSX...duplicate .bgl files for the same locations there will raise havoc in FSX).Utah Complete installs itself as a "scenery package" that will get added to your Scenery Library. You will have to decide where to "layer" it in the Scenery Library. If it is above (higher priority) than any MegaScenery you have for Utah, then FSX will use Utah Complete. If it is below (lower priority) than any MegaScenery you have for Utah, then the MegaScenery will take priority. The same thing would apply if you had both Utah+ and MegaSceneryEarth Utah installed. You would have to decide which one to use based on the layering order of them in your FSX Scenery Library. My guess is you WILL encounter problems. Utah + comes with it's own terrain mesh files, and it's own airport elevation fix files for the airports it uses. If you try to use Utah Complete airport files with the 5-meter terrain mesh for Utah +, you will have airport elevation issues.I haven't tried combining the two products, so there may be work-arounds. My suggestion would be to learn how to use an airport design program like ADE or AFX (or others) and design your own airports for the scenery you want to use. Or ask someone to design one for you if you don't know how to do it. FalconAF

Rick Ryan