Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Anyone Know ?

Just wondering if anyone knows what the situation is regarding the website for eastern-va - the site where Eric Cantu's marvelous Vistaliners could be found ??http://www.eastern-va.com/vistaliners/It has been down for sometime now. Are they "out of business" or ??????Or is there an alternate site for his base models?Just curious. :(

There hadn't been an update to the Vistaliners site for almost two years. The disappearance might be something to do with the apparent failure of Eastern Virtual Airlines, the website of which has gone and therefore the VL pages (since they were a part of the site) went too. This appeared on another forum in January:'I am very sad to see Eastern Virtual Airlines come to an end. I was a member of EVA for 9 yearsand did everything I could to help a great Virtual Airlines. However, I resigned in Decemberof 2007 because I did not believe in the direction that EVA was going.The reason the VA failed was because the people who were running it got into a power struggleand now they are trying to say they are continuing the EVA legacy by starting a new VA calledEastern Airlines Virtual. In no way will this VA be like the old EVA, it is now mandatory that allmembers use VAFS. This is not the way EVA was before the situation starting falling apart.'The new EAV site has no reference to Vistaliners, so we may well have to wait until Erick's models surface somewhere else; so those who have copies, back them up and treasure them! The 727-100 is officially available at HJG, and some of the models can be found packaged with some of the repaint downloads in the library here, but otherwise ... :(

Guest belga1

Hello,Vistaliners dissapeared in the dust .. and Mr Cantu seem's very quiet ...I have all the Vistaliners base models (L-1011 and 727's and 737's and Airbus) and will be availables for everyone who request them by PM.Regards.bye.gif

My favorite is the 727-200 - which I have safely backed up along with almost every paint that was available.To my eyes, it is one of the most beautiful commercial aircraft ever to fly.It does seem strange that Mr. Cantu has not made arrangements for a site to host the models which were previously available at the VA site.I too can make make the 727-200 model available if anyone needs it.

Guest belga1

Hello,

I too can make make the 727-200 model available if anyone needs it.
Great offer for the 727's.Anyways as noticed before they are (727-100 Vistaliners) on the HJG download pages (with great sounds and panel included)A lot of great new repaints or existing repaints upgradedThe model ,FDE is also upgraded.More model (727-200) to come when next upgrade (with a bunch of new repaints) of the downloads availables (soon!)http://www.simviation.com/hjg/downloads.htmhttp://www.simviation.com/hjg/aircraft/boeing/b727-100.htmNot forget to check for core files,panel and sounds :)Regards.bye.gif

Just wondering if anyone knows what the situation is regarding the website for eastern-va - the site where Eric Cantu's marvelous Vistaliners could be found ??http://www.eastern-va.com/vistaliners/It has been down for sometime now. Are they "out of business" or ??????Or is there an alternate site for his base models?Just curious. :(
Dear Opa,Someone else asked this same question a few weeks ago on another site, which you can read about on the flightsimworld.com threadHeres what I understand. The founder of Virtual Eastern Airlines (Perrin Arno) has more or less lost interest in the Virtual Airline, and has since committed all his time to Star Wars Galaxies. Thats why there really wasn't much activity since 2006. However, I've been told that the site was suspended because there is a bad script somewhere causing spam to come from the domain. According to "Aharon" (which you can read from the link above), a fellow manager from the site (Peter Liddell) has said he will be working to reopen the VA, as well as reopen Vistaliners. You know, you can still download most of the vistaliners models right today from avsim.com flightsim.com simviation.com and a few others I've forgotten. The only ones I can think of that you cant download are the L-1011 Tristar and the B727-100 (And the Super 727). Hope this cleared up confusion.-GoldWings-